The extracurricular activities on offer are geared towards adding a recreational, sporting and cultural dimension to our course activities. All activities will be translated into at least two languages, Spanish and English. Each activity announcement will specify, as the case may be, any restrictions or medical conditioning implicit in the activity to be carried out.
We seek to integrate these activities to complement classes and to place students, in accordance with their level, in situations which promote the use of the language in a completely natural and integrated manner.
Sports and Cultural Events
You can find a detailed list of sport and cultural events on our Web calendar notice-board.
Tapas Route | Dinner
As a complementary part of our film-club, we offer the tapas route. We select a restaurant or a pub where the students and teachers from different schools meet as well as practicing the language, they all have a great time.
List of restaurants already visited:
- El Comercio (San Pedro)
- La Judería (Marbella)
- Restaurante Mesura (Marbella)
- Restaurante Alfredo (San Pedro)
- La Venencia (Marbella)
- Sidrería Manolo (Nueva Andalucía)
- Restaurante Fernando (San Pedro)
- Restaurante Capitán (San Pedro)
- Restaurante Tehuelche (Benahavis)
- La + Fría (San Pedro)
- Evita (Nueva Andalucía)
- Pasta Café (Nueva Andalucía)
- Viviana (San Pedro)
During these sessions, which are free, students can get a good picture of the reality in Spain nowadays and in the past, as well becoming familiar to the Hispanic culture in other countries.
All the films are in Spanish with English subtitles, so all the students can participate in that in the film club.
This is followed by a night out enjoying tapas and the Marbella nightlife.
Films are on from 7.30- 9.30 p.m every Friday followed by a talk.
The outings organized by the I.I.I seek to:
- Create settings to develop communication
- Promote inter-cultural relationships
- Introduce students to the Spanish culture, architecture, and cuisine among many other aspects of Spanish life.
The day trips are selected for their diversity to reflect the true features of Andalucía and other parts of Spain. During the year we organize excursions every term and during the summer every week. Including transport, guide, entrance fees to the monuments and lunch.
Our scheduled excursions include the following:
- Jerez (equestrian shows and a visit to Puerto de Santa María wine cellar.)
- Cordoba (high speed train to Cordoba to visit the mosque and the Patios)
- Malaga (Picasso museum, visit to local taverns and enjoy the typical fried fish in Carihuela)
- Seville (the Cathedral, Casa Contratación, Giralda and Itálica)
- Antequera (Torcal, Dólmenes, St. Benito Monastry, enjoy local gastronomy)
- Baena (a visit to Almazara, lunch then onto Montilla)
- Osuna (a visit to the convent, and enjoy the Gomarra Palace architecture)
- Ronda (cultural and monumental visit)
- A1-A2: at the restaurant, the market, the department store, tourist information office.
- B1-B2: at the hotel, the chemist’s, the real-estate, and the travel agency
- C1: at the town hall, the lawyer’s- residence and work permits, etc..