The Instituto Internacional de Idiomas considers that students possess adequate motivation and interest to carry out the course of studies in a satisfactory manner. To this end, it is essential for students to follow some basic rules of behaviour inside out out of the school.
The Instituto Internacional de Idiomas guarantees to provide tuition services, accommodation, free services and extra-curricular activities in accordance with the chosen study plan and the stipulated conditions and fees in the information brochure and on the website.
- The class length is 55 minutes.
- Office hours are from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Class hours are from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, depending on the course type and activities you may have signed up for
- The level test will be carried out outside class hours and will be free.
- People over the age of 15 will be considered adults.
- The payments for both private and group classes are to be settled in advance or on the first day of class.
- Payments are to be carried out in euros (€). All banking fees, both inside and outside Spain, will be the responsibility of the payer. Any commissions related to refunds will be borne by the recipient.
- Teaching is VAT-exempt. All other contracted services include VAT.
- Booking fees for courses or other services will be deducted from the overall fee.
- All observations, complaints or changes in the timetable must be made at the office and not with the teacher.
- Group classes are paid monthly, however late incorporations only pay the proportional part of that month’s fee.
- Students are entitled to freely use and attend the following: Wi-fi, Internet, conversation workshop, library service, tutorials and film club.
- Teaching material and extra-curricular activities are not included in the cost of the course.
- Students, parents or legal tutors can attend tutorials by prior appointment.
- Students under 18 and company employees receive, upon request, report cards every term evaluating their progress.
- In order to receive thier I.I.I diplomas, students must and pass examinations for each level. On the contrary, I.I.I may issue, upon student request, a certificate of attendance to those who attend at least 80% of the course.
- As part of our curriculum, I.I.I encourages and integrates the preparation of official examinations such as DELE by the Instituto Cervantes, Cambridge University Certificates, Alliance Francaise and Goethe Institut.
- Course cancellation and refund policy of the Instituto Internacional de Idiomas
Course and / or accommodation cancellations will imply the following refunds:
- For cancellations made 14 days prior to the start of course: 75% refund of the booking fee.
- For cancellations made between 13 and 8 days prior to the start of course: 50% refund of the booking fee.
- For cancellations under 8 days prior to the start of the course: No refunds.
- The cost of classes that are missed due to illness, late arrivals, unforeseen circumstances, etc. will not be refunded.
Once the course is underway:
- When a student prematurely cancels any type of course for any reason, the fee is not refundable; however the student will receive a voucher valid for 2 years. This policy however, does not apply in case of accommodation fees, which are completely non-refundable.
- For the cancellation of private and semi-private classes, students must notify the I.I.I at least 24 hours in advance – otherwise the fee for the classes is charged.
I.I.I reserves the right to:
- Move or change students into a different group, if they are unable to follow the pace or to settle into the class adequately.
- Readjust the timetable, move students into a different group and carry out any corresponding modifications if the number of students in a group is reduced to fewer than 4.
- Cancel any course that does not meet the mínimum required number of students. Any cancellations carried out on behalf of the Intstituto Intenacional de Idiomas will imply a full refund of any fees paid in advance.
- Expel any student who on repeated occasions does not follow the basic rules of behaviour, or fails to respect fellow students, teachers and host family members or does not abide by the country’s laws. This would lead to their expulsion from the course and accommodation and they are not entitled to any type of refund. In the case of repatriation of adult students and upon their own request, we would provide assistance in organizing their departure. In the case of minors, their parents or legal tutors would be informed and the necessary arrangements for their repatriation would be made and a member of school staff would accompany them at all times until they leave the country.
- Discounts I.I.I offers the following discounts:
- 5% discount for members of the same family and company employees.
- 5% discount for registering in 2 or more courses simultaneously.
- 8% discount for the purchase of a special voucher which only applies to private and semi-private classes.
- Special discounts for associations, institutions and agents.
- Insurance, health and safety
- I.I.I holds a public liability insurance policy which covers possible incidents or minor accidents which may occur at any of its centres. The I.I.I takes no responsibility for the loss or theft of personal items or belongings.
- In the case of foreign students, the I.I.I. recommends taking out an insurance policy which would cover possible accidents or incidents that may occur during the trip and stay in Spain such as: luggage loss, illness, course cancellation or public liability.
- I.I.I offers a special insurance policy for language courses which would cover the above mentioned eventualities.
- EU member students may obtain the E-111 form from their respective countries which would entitle them to free health assistance in Spain.
- For any unexpected eventuality – urgent health problems, loss of documents, theft, mugging, etc, I.I.I provides a 24 hour help line: 679 173 910.
- Students from countries outside the EU zone would need to obtain a visa in order to enter Spain. The I.I.I can issue a registration certificate once we have received the corresponding registration form, the course fees, as well as the copy of your passport.
- You may obtain detailed information about visa requirements in the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your country of origin. Applications must be presented fully documented.
- In the case of the visa being denied, the amount paid for the academic certification course will not be refundable. However, the III will issue a voucher to the certificate holder for the amount paid, with the exception of postage fees.
This voucher will have a validity of 3 years and may be fully or partially transferable to any person nominated by the holder, having previously notified the III.
This voucher can be used on any of the products we offer (intensive classes, private, online, summer courses for children and teenagers, etc …)
- The minimum age of acceptance for our accommodation services is 9 years of age.
- The age difference for room sharing may be no more than 2 years. From 18 years of age onwards, no distinctions shall be made in this sense.
- All accommodation offered in hotels, residences and with families is full board.
- A change of accommodation may be requested during the first week only.
- 2015 School Calendar
I.I.I provides tuition throughout the year, except on the following dates:
- Every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year.
- Christmas holidays (from 22nd December to 6th January).
- Classes recommence on 7th January.
- Easter Week holidays (from 21th to 27th March).
- National holidays: 2nd May, 15th August, 12th October, 1st November and 6th December.
- The Regional Autonomous Community celebrations: 28th February.
- Local festivities: Marbella and Nueva Andalucía on 11th June and 19th October.
However, the I.I.I can offer classes during these festivities, only upon request and offered by duty teachers.
- Data protection policy
- In compliance with the specifications of the Spanish Data Protection laws, I.I.I informs you that all the data provided on inscription forms, and photos and videos from our installations, camps and extracurricular activities can only be used for its own commercial and tuition purposes (website, brochures, presentations).
- If you do not wish to receive any information, or have photos or videos taken, please notify us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free services
For further study practice, the I.I.I offers:
- Unlimited hours of free classes in groups with similar levels for students who study intensive, super-intensive or daily private classes during the course of the contract.
- Students are also entitled to repeat an intensive course free of charge, if the final target level is not reached.
- Students can receive phone calls, e-mails, faxes, postal and courier services.
- Suggestion box and complaints book.
- Books and videos can be taken out on loan.
- Film club.
- Language exchange with other III students.
- 24 hour emergency number for student use: 679 173 910
- Registering at the I.I.I. implies acceptanc of the general conditions listed herewithin, as well as those listed on the Website, brochures and manuals published by the I.I.I
- If you wish to file a complaint, you may do so in our complaints book which is available upon request.
- For any dispute which may arise between the parties regarding the interpretation, fulfilment and execution of the present contract, I.I.I offers a system of arbitration and conciliation through the Provincial Conciliation and Arbitration Board of Malaga, or the Ordinary Justice Tribunal of Marbella.