Is it possible to work with a Student Visa?
Those who have the corresponding Student Visa may to be authorized to carry out paid work activities, once the employer presents a job authorization application and the following requirements are met:
- That the worker is guaranteed a continuous activity.
- That the company has formalised its inscription in the corresponding part of the Social Security system, and that they are up to date with the fulfillment of their tax and Social Security requirements.
- That the conditions stipulated in the job offer comply with the established guidelines for the particular field, professional activity and location.
- That the person holds the appropriate qualifications, officially approved where necessary, or that they have appropriate training for carrying out of the profession.
- That the foreign workers are not in Spain illegally.
The aforementioned activities should be compatible with the studies that they are carrying out.
It is not necessary to request authorization for those practices (in public or private entities) which form part of the study plan for which the Student Visa was granted.
Contracts should be formalized in writing and should adapt to a part time working contract.
The issued authorization will not be limited geographically, except if it coincides with teaching periods, in which case it will be limited to the residential area of the visa holder.
The validity of the authorization will not be longer than that of the visa or study permit.
Work permits will be renewed if there is no change in the circumstances in which it was originally issued, as long as the student visa renewal authorization has been obtained.