What do I need to do if I want to live in Spain for a while?

visado de estudiante

We live in a world of constant change, nowadays nothing is as it was in days gone by. People are more open minded and are interested in spending long stretches of time living abroad. We have a more international mentality and like travelling from place to place to learn about new customs, to learn another language or even to look for a job, amongst other reasons. That’s why today we are going to talk about Visas, the essential part of living in another country, and in this case we are referring to Spain. In answer to our first question, we will explain to you that you can indeed stay and live in Spain, thanks to the Visas that we offer in III Language Schools.

When someone from another country decides to come and live in Spain they can be unsure and worried about lots of things, the main one being related to the permission they need to live here, this permission is referred to as a Visa.

There are different types of Visas, but we specifically focus on Student Visas.

What do I need to do to get a Student Visa?

It’s easy! All you need to do is sign up to one of our courses that we offer in our schools, in Marbella, Nueva Andalucía or in San Pedro de Alcántara. Once you have matriculated you will be able to live in Spain for the duration of your studies.

How does a Student Visa benefit me?

As we have mentioned earlier, the good thing is that it means that people from other countries are able to live in Spain without having to leave because of lack of permission. Not only is the visa for coming here to live, but it also allows people to extend their studies in public or private Spanish institutions, which are officially recognised. Thanks to our Visas you will be able to meet all of your objectives and goals.

On the other hand, people from other countries who have this type of Visa may be able to work if they meet all of the other requirements. If you would like to know more about this feel free to contact us in one of our centres and we will happily answer any questions you may have.

What are the requirements for obtaining a Student Visa?

Amongst the requirements for getting the Visa are being able to guarantee having sufficient economic funds, meeting the entrance requirements, having been accepted into a Spanish teaching centre and in the case of a minor, having the authorisation from parents or guardians to travel to Spain.

Can students’ family members get a Visa too?

Yes, they can. People who have applied for or who have obtained a Visa have the option of applying for a ‘Stay Visa’ so that their family members (spouse or children under 18) are able to stay here legally for the duration of the matriculated study period. The Visa holder’s family member will not be able to work here, unlike the person who has obtained the Visa.

We are looking forward to seeing you here in III Language Schools, and hope you will take the chance not only to enjoy the weather, but to have an unforgettable experience, full of opportunities both personal and professional. Come and see us in Marbella, San Pedro or Nueva Andalucía!